New...OUTRAGER!!!! News, Pseudo Celebrity Photos, and Company Letters!!!!

and as always, the best ads on Craigslist...

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Cussing Parrot (London)


london craigslist > for sale / wanted > general for sale
Cussing Parrot - £100 (west london)
Date: 2009-11-19, 5:24PM GMT
Reply to: sale-jqsuy-1473166989@craigslist.org




This foul-mouthed bird has spoiled many a dinner party with its poor manners, obscene language, and outrageous insolence. His inappropriate and mortifying outbursts have become altogether intolerable. No need to worry about feeding him, as he has thrived on garbage for the past seven months and drinks freely from the toilet. I purposefully leave his cage door ajar and religiously open my windows every day before going to work, hoping this feathered monstrosity will fly away to a new home. Much to my dismay, this rude, deplorable pet is always waiting to greet me with an insult the moment I return home. He has all but ruined my self-esteem. Please, somebody, take him!
# Location: west london
# it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 1473166989


******************************************************
Best Reply:

From:
"Jack Mailer"
Add sender to Contacts

Hullo

The ad for the removal of your parrot caught my eye, and I would like to register my interest in your "feathered monstrosity".

My only concern is that, whilst I am an avid lover of parrots, I have in the past known the sting of the heartache that they can cause. As I'm sure you can imagine, I am now more introverted at social events such as parties and A Level results celebration dinners. Close family members have, on occasion, commented on this.

Can you offer me assurances that I will not be left a lifeless husk (emotionally) if I were to take your parrot?

Regards

Jack

No comments: